CATEGORY: Entertainment / News / Utilities
DEVELOPER: Smartest Apps LLC
UPDATED: Feb 17, 2010
Listen to live feeds of police, firefighter, aircraft, marine, emergency, and ham radios. The app features the ability to listen to feeds in the background while running other apps. Users can also add feeds, share feeds, and save favorites for quick access.
Pros: Fun and easy to use. Useful for primary responders. Useful for keep up-to-date d…
Cons: User report app freezes. Not enough local feeds.
Message from the Developers
Thanks for making us in the top 100 most downloaded iPhone app for 2 years straight (2010 and 2011). We now have over 11 million users.
– Listen to feeds in the background. You can run other apps while listening to the police. Just email a link to yourself and tap it to listen to it in the background.
– Automatically attempts to reconnect the feed if you lose the connection.
– Listen to feeds on your desktop/laptop computer. Email yourself a link to the feed, and open that link on your browser or with your favorite mp3 player.
– Ability to Add Feeds
– Brand new built-in Web Browser allows you to browse the web while listening to a feed in the background.
– The web browser also automatically detects feeds and integrates it with the radio. Now you can add feeds from the web by simply tapping on the feed’s link via our browser.
– The web browser blocks most ads.
– Share feeds with your friends by email. They do not need to buy this app to listen with you.
– Top 100 Feeds list
– Aircraft and Train Feeds For listings, go here: SmartestApple.com/50radio.html#air
– Worldwide coverage. Although, we may not have your country covered, our app is always expanding and looking for new police radios to tap into.
– List scanners by county. Don’t just list all feeds in a state, get only the ones that are from your city/county.
– Integrated map that finds your location and the location of the feed. Now you can find where the action is happening and follow along.
– Built-in police/EMS/fire/military codes and phonetic alphabet for easy interpretation. Good for any beginners who do not have the proper training and have trouble remembering what the codes mean.
– Save your favorites to the front screen of the app for quick one-tap access.
– This app will dynamically grab a new list of sources so that you will always be the first to get any new police feeds out there.
– See the popularity of each feed. Each feed lists the number of listeners who are following the action along with you.
– Choose new skins or make your own. Skins can be any photo you choose from your photos library.
– New police feeds and others are added on an hourly basis, so keep checking if we added yours recently.
What’s New in Version 26.0
– Bug fixes
– iOS 3.x is no longer supported in the free version. Get the Pro version if you are still using iOS 3.x
Requirements: Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. Requires iOS 4.0 or later.
Current Version: 4368 Ratings
All Versions: 140094 Ratings